The path to intellectuality, or 40 ways to develop your brain function

                    

       The path to  intellectuality, or 
            40 ways to develop your brain function
                         
                                   

   

    
         How can I find the way to my own spirituality? 
         How can I become more intuitive or more creative ? 
        How can it be that some people are so talented and so creative , and others are just  not? Many ask the question, and search for the answer when actually all anybody would need is a little bit of brain training. With the right exercise, and a great amount of ambition anything can be achieved. You want to become a greater writer ? Read more, write more, take the time to learn, practice and you’ll become the greatest writer you could be. It’s all about controlling your brain. Yes, I know that the brain controls the body, but the brain is teachable, and can be controlled.

       Our brain. The most important organ we have, controls the activities of the body, processes the information, and makes  decisions , sending information to the rest of the body. The engine that moves us, and somehow also defines us.
I ain’t gonna write an essay here about the functions of the human brain, Wikipedia is a great source if you want to dig deeper. The facts that are relevant for this post, is that the human brain has a left and a right side. ( kindergarten biology 😆).
       Most of the people use, maybe around 10% of their brain, and  use both sides of it equally, depending on situations they  face, but there  are people whose brains tend to have a dominant side.
The left brain is the skeptical one. Always looking for reasons, explications, logic. Is responsible for our practical life skills,  our strategic and realistic  thinking,  our desire to control, and analyze,  organize, our abilities to learn and understand mathematics and science, as well as our abilities to learn languages.
The right brain is the intuitive one. Love, passion, freedom, art,  poetry, music! Everything that doesn’t require logical thinking, but feelings, intuition.  Is responsible for our wishes and imagination; our creativity, our love for colors,  arts, music; our feelings, emotions, our ability of daydreaming and visualization , the tune of songs, the rhythm, the beat, the music,  the life! ( you might sense a little bit of enthusiasm in here, I just love music😍)
     Now, just for the fun, try to define which part if your brain you use more? 
Don’t stop there, which parts your friends use more? Your family?  You should see a  pattern already, well it’s not a rule for sure, but probably those who tend to use more the right side of their brains, are the ones to go to church, or to believe firmly in something, are very  spiritual , love   arts . These people  are the most emotional ones,  spontaneous ones, they would relay on their emotions rather than the facts or  explanations, probably  preferred the literature class, instead of chemistry or maths in school. People who tend to use more their right brains, end up as musicians, poets, psychologists, teachers, leaders....again not something to take as granted.
On the other hand, those who tend to use more the left side of their brains, are the control freaks, the super organized, always on top of every situation, just because of their desire to know, to explain everything, to control everything , they come prepared for the worst and dressed for the best. People who think logical, react faster because they already are prepared for the outcome. These people make good politicians, analysts, brokers, managers.
Regardless of which side of your brain is the dominant side, you surely use the other side to,  just in the amount you need it. I wrote  a post about Yin and Yang the other day,  ( https://modernlifefs.blogspot.com/2019/10/yin-and-yang_26.html
you might have red there, that one side doesn’t work without the other, and that rule applies here as well. If  you have a fully functional brain, it means that both sides are used, some days  or in certain situations one is more dominant than the other, but  they both work. 
        I am a very skeptical person, a control freak, very realistic, over think every outcome of every situation I might face. But I learned how to let go a part  of that strategical and logical thinking of mine, and  allow my intuition to guide me, listen to my 
feelings, go with the flow, and just enjoy life without over thinking it. 
Ever since  I learned to write, I’m constantly writing. Stories, poems, thoughts, notes.... I started out writing essays, and  I realized I loved the process of writing, of researching a topic,  learn about it, and then let the words flow, I write about anything that inspires me at the moment, but  also love the challenge of writing about something I’ve never wrote about.
You might have noticed that the majority of my post are pretty long, well I tend to get lost and write, write, write. Whenever my right brain is the dominant, I find myself  taking notes, researching, reading ,sometimes I get lost in my books, have all the candles in the house burning, (believe me, I have a few.🤪  )just going with the flow, and write whenever the muse prompts.
when the left side of my brain is more dominant I’m mostly organizing, writing lists, cleaning out junk files from my computer, or just practice my language skills. (I’m constantly speaking two languages in my everyday life, add to it that I’m writing on a third language and  teaching my kid the forth one.) Sometimes can’t even say a word on English, because my brain is programmed to another foreign language, beside my blog, I’m working on training my brain to be able to use and divide two foreign languages at the same time....wish me luck. Actually this is what inspired me to do this post, I want you all to be able to use your brain at a higher capacity, to be able to control your brain.
 As you can see from this short self description, both sides of my brain are working, which for I’m very great full, the left side of my brain is the dominant one in most of the time, I had to learn how to use more the right side of my brain. This is something that anybody can learn, it takes a lot of concentration, and practice but is possible. And if you manage to control your brain, a whole new world opens for you, you just have to step in.



         
    How to develop your brain in order to become more creative, more sensitive,  positive,  and happy?


 1. Take time to exercise!
Moving your body benefits your brain heath and cognition, and improves your memory.
2. Have a cup of coffee!
Caffeine increases cognitive performance.
3. Have a good night sleep! 
Having enough, healthy , sleep assures a long productive life, driven by a healthy brain.
4. Socialize! 
Build some strong connections, having people around you, that  inspire  you day after day, is crucial for your  creativity.
5. Take time out! 
Have your well deserved me time, every time you need it, and even then when you feel like you don’t need it. Everybody is happy if you are happy! ( a bit of advise for follow mamas out there)
6. Eat well, and drink plenty!
Nutrition is just as important as rest for a well functioning brain.
7. Change your perspective!
Turn the pictures in your house upside down for a short time, read a book upside down ( the book should be upside down, not you)
8. Practice creative thinking!
Don’t go with the first and most logical solutions, search for creative ways to solve a problem.
9. Play Tetris or Chess on a daily basis!
Best brain workouts ever.
10. Do some crossword or sodoku!
11. Be curious! Learn a new thing every day! 
Read about something new, something you never heard about. That way you keep your brain active and accepting to learn more. And that’s what we want, we want to teach our brains to learn more, to do more.
12. Solve math without a calculator!
13. Spell backwards!
14. Mix up your routine, change your environment!
A good routine keeps you productive, but remember you won’t learn anything new if you do the same things everyday. Changing the accessories in your home will move all your brain cells.
15. Learn to play a musical instrument! 
Ahh, music! It just pops out the creativity from every cell of your body.
16. Find yourself a new hobby! 
New experience teaches the brain.
17. Go with the flow! 
Don’t try to control everything!
18. Do not multitask! 
It sounds silly from a mother of a toddler, I do it all the time.  But apparently Your brain is more effective and the outcome is more professional if you do one thing at a time.
19. Travel! Go out in the nature !
They do say that travel broadens the mind.
20. Do yoga, Thai chi or martial arts!
You can discipline the body and the mind with these ancient practices.
21. Learn the meanings of quotes from great thinkers.
Not only read quotes, but learn what they mean.
22. Play and laugh!
Go and have some fun, more dopamine means better focus .
23. Focus on your emotions!
Forget about the thoughts or the words that led to the emotion, focus only on the  raw emotion itself. Emotion is the greatest muse within, don’t be afraid to use it.
24. Learn a foreign language! 
Every language you speak is a part of the world inside you.
25. Be a nerd!
Nerds are ruling the world, it’s ok to be one! So go ahead, visit museums, be the best in chemistry, maths and every science class you have, if your out of school...never to let’s to learn. Pick up a class.
26. Read at least one book a month! 
Every book is a piece of world, a unique, fairy world you can get lost in, and be inspired by.
27. Dance!
Music and movement, what could go wrong ? 
28. Memorize names, and phone numbers
Again, teaching new things to your brain.
29. Juggle! 
Entertainment for your friends, workout for your body and brain.
30. Get your subconscious working!
Place inspirational quotes, pictures where you can see them always.
31. Set goals, have a to do list!
Keeps you focused, and you can achieve more.
32. Have sex!
A fun way to increase brain function.
33. Learn to speed reed!
It will speed up your brain. Speed readers read about 400 words a minute! It is possible! Practice. Practice. Practice.
34. Daydream!
Daydreaming allows you to play out scenarios in your head, where you are the hero of the day. Ask yourself the following question What makes me feel alive? Take your time to answer this question in your thoughts, and follow them to see where your spontaneous and creative self will lead you.
35. Take pictures!
Make a habit of taking more picture throughout your days, looking at the world through the lens of the camera will make 

you see the unexpected beauty that surrounds you every day.
36. Breathe consciously!
Breathing has become a routine, you do it without noticing it, be averse that every breath you take is a gift! 
37. Chew slowly!
Take the time to chew, let the flavors of your favorite food take you back to your happiest place!
38. Write! 
Writing is the most powerful tool we have to unleash our creativity.
 Even if you don’t know what to write about write, and let the words take you away.
39.  Be spontaneous!
Write a nice note to the waitress, fo something out of the ordinary, it awakens your  creativity.
40. Notice the color!
You run through your day, and everything is just like a blur of blacks and whites, notice the colors, their vibrations intended , and  soon the blurry black and white world becomes a vivid, happy place.


 This post is  mostly my personal opinion, I’m not a doctor, not a brain surgeon, not a scientist, just a girl who has more on her brain than that brain could ever handle...so I starter to write to clear out the clutter from my head, and ended up writing this much. Again!🙄
I’m sharing it, maybe it comes handy for someone out there!
         It is different from my older posts, but somehow still relevant to my blog. In  order to understand and practice Feng Shui you need to be as open minded as possible. There’s a lot to learn and more than that to understand, so you’ll need yourself at your highest brain capacity to take in all that I’m sharing. I might post once a week...but God, they turn out to be so long .....


  So, have fun and start today! 🕉 



Comments

Popular Posts