Crystal series- Turmaline, Black Tourmaline

                              Tourmaline




               If you thought, that I’ll be writing in an alphabetical order, in the  Crystal series I started a while ago, then you are wrong. I only write if I’m passionate and inspired by events, emotions, or things around me. So I’m somehow forced by invisible powers and must write about the gemstones which touched me, helped me in some way, or are my truest companions all the time. 
(Sure, when I run out of those, I’ll write a description about other gemstones as well.)
         As you know, due to the Coronavirus boredom ( “In conventional usage, boredom is an emotional and occasionally psychological state experienced when an individual is left without anything in particular to do, is not interested in their surroundings, or feels that a day or period is dull or tedious.” -quote from Wikipedia-) we started various projects around our house. One of these required me, to do a full decluttering of our office. We had about 3 meters long storage space in form of built in cupboards and cabinets. Now we have one huge pedestal desk and one 80 cm long file cabinet, so I was kind of forced to look at every single item we had in these cupboards and drawers, (and believe me, we had a lot nonsense, good for something, kind of things, as matter of fact we still do; anyways,) among these things I found in a small bag one of my guarding crystals.  A black tourmaline, smashed, shattered.... I thought, as the memories are back, and fresh, I’ll write about it, maybe you don’t think of the lockdown-Coronavirus combo for about 8 minutes.

        I remember, I bought it to protect me. In my knowledge, it is one of the strongest protecting gemstones, and I  must confess as I felt it’s power,  I was amazed, and surprised at the same time. This stone protected me, and destroyed itself in the process. It is wonderful each time, to see the power and the energy of the gems with bare eyes, and no words can describe that moment. 
Let me tell you the story real short.
I don’t want to name places or call out names, so if you miss those details, know that is on purpose.
I started a new job, was working with a person, who was giving me bad vibes from the first time we met, I felt the envy, the hostility, and the anger coming towards me like arrows.  After a few days I knew , I need astral protection, this person was literally sucking the life out of me, I was powerless, unable to concentrate, the anger coming from this person, was becoming my own, and I projected it towards my fiancé ( now my husband) I had to stop it.
Wasn’t easy finding a black tourmaline, as they are considered rare, (well at least one that is real, and not a piece of Onix, or Magnetite sold as tourmaline,) as  I find it, cleaned and prepped it as I should, and put it close to my heart the next morning. After a few hours with this poisonous person, I  felt a   heat, like my heart was burning, I could feel how the  heated blood ran in my veins, towards my heart, once there, suddenly stoped for an instant, then continued it’s way already cooled down. Yes, not easy to describe the feeling, but it was like this tiny black tourmaline took all the anger into my heart and forced it to cool down. One of the main properties of the tourmaline is its ability to take negativity and turn it into usable positive energy, I guess that’s what I felt, the change of the energy
    I checked the stone and it was shattered in pieces. I was amazed, and scared at the same time. I bought a new one the same day, and carried with me from that day on. Surprisingly this person’s attitude changed day by day, in a way that soon we were able to work together, without killing one other in the process ,and we made a hell of a good team.... I put the shattered tourmaline in a small bag, and kept it to remember myself of the power these tiny little stones have. ( motherhood kinda made me forget about it) And as I found it, I thought I’ll share it with you, if only one person can relate to it, and make a positive change in its life, than it was worth it.


Lets dig into it.

                                                      Tourmalines!



                       Yes, there are more. Different colors with different healing properties; and they can be found in every color of the spectrum, not to mention the bicolor gems, and their beautiful zoning.
  These precious stones belong to the family of aluminum borosilicates,  containmagnesium and iron, or other metals;  their  color depends of the amount of the  metals. Can form as red, pink, black, blue, green, brown ,yellow, or violet,  but they also can be transparent or opaque.
The cross section of a tourmaline is uniquely triangular, they are prismatic. As for the shape, they can be long, thick, or columnar.
The name Tourmaline comes from Sri Lanka, translated from Sinhalese 
-turmali; means “ a mixed color precious stone”
-turamali: means “ something small from the earth


       Tourmaline has the ability to become electrically charged, by heating and rubbing it. When charged, one end becomes positive while the other negative, and is able to attract small pieces of paper and fine dust. It can be found on every continent, but still is  considered rare, and it is quite expensive, specially fine crystal specimens and gems.
Every color or manifestation of the stone, has its unique properties, and special, magical powers. I’ll begin with the one, that touched me the deepest, the black tourmaline, I guess, I could call it one of my favorite stones, as I also have a deep connection to green tourmaline, honestly, I can’t  choose between them.




                                                               Black Tourmaline 





                  The 95% of Tourmaline in nature is the so called Schorl  or Black Tourmaline ( named after a town from Saxony, Germany, in the 1400’s; Black Tourmaline was found in  about ten mines.) The great magicians from the 14th century, used Black Tourmaline while casting spells, to protect them from earth demons. Today, it is still the most powerful talisman of protection, it’s working like a shield, banishing negative energies,or  forces that can be harmful.
Down below you will find some basic information, and some of the main properties to the black tourmaline. I really want to post this today, so if I’ll remember anything else worth of sharing I’ll update this post immediately.

  • Provides protection ( place 8 small natural stones in a circle for purification, or protection rituals)
  • It’s one of the most used shamanic stones.
  • It’s healing properties are outstanding; the energies of the tourmaline aligns the energy centers of the body, and leads the healing light through it.
  • Can be used to neutralize internal conflict, and negative thoughts, and to turn them into positive energy.
  • It’s used to treat motion sickness.
  • It may be used to realign the spinal column, as stimulates the reflex points associated with the lower back,legs, ankles and feet.
  • Serves as a pain relief, and can also be used to help heal the muscles. (Numbness, sore muscle, pain, also scar tissues 
  • Heals arthritis 
  • Strengthens the immune system 
  • It is also used in treating the bowels, constipation, and diseases of the colon.
  • A magnificent tool for balancing the brain. ( https://modernlifefs.blogspot.com/2019/11/the-path-to-intellectuality-or-40-ways.html ) here is a link to one of my previous post about the left/right hemisphere of the brain, and how to train it.
  • Encourages one to have a clear and objective view of the world.
  • Inspires a positive attitude, stimulates creativity.
  • Carrying  a black tourmaline on you, gives you the power to face difficulties at work. (Hold it for a few minutes, when you need full concentration.)
  • Also is a protection against electromagnetic smog, a shield for people working with cellphones and computers,
  • Helps to control fears, specially those for doctors and dentists.
  • Soothes panic attacks,  and claustrophobia.
  • Reduces fear, and it is useful in treating paranoia.
  • It’s a purifying stone, is able to clean out negative thoughts, as well as anxiety, from the emotional body.
  • Great companion during rehabilitations, specially for those who tend to self harm, or have suicidal thoughts.
  • Use this stone to protect yourself from whiners, moaners and emotional vampires.
  • Regardless of its color, is a stone for lovers. Can strengthen the smell, and also the perception of pheromones which produces an aphrodisiac effect.
  • It’s a grounding stone. It is used to ground the base chakra. ( when physically out of balance, one would feel lethargic, low on energy and enthusiasm, when its spiritual energies are out of balance, one might feel disconnected from reality, and distant )
  • Black tourmaline honors Manat, the Arabian goddess of waning moon, time, destiny, and death.
  • It is the zodiac stone for those born between September 23 and October 22, the Libra. Black tourmaline will also help  the Scorpions to be less demanding and the Capricorns to be more expressive.




  Wait for my next post, to find out about the remaining 5% of the Tourmalines. They are rare, beautiful and special.
I’ll try to make them all fit into one post, so you’ll have an overview of them all on one page. 



Until then, stay safe, stay home. ( post written during Coronavirus lockdown)  Lara, 🕉





         

Comments

Popular Posts