Feng Shui Bagua- Travel and Helpful People


        Travel and Helpful people, Bagua corner 






                  I know, that this title ‘Travel and helpful people’  is a bit confusing, so allow  me make it more understandable. After all, that’s why I chose to make “THIS” blog about Feng Shui. I mean, I could’ve just write down and share everything on this topic, as it is, and as I have learned. Instead, I opted for a simplified version, one that can be used in every home, in our everyday life.
  

     Try to interpret the helpful people in your life, as active guardians, patrons, friends, or even angels, if, you do believe in them. 
    Travel, incorporates not only your vacations around the world, but your spiritual journey as well. 
    This is why, these two areas are combined. This life you’re living, is your journey, and along the way you meet all the people, who shape your character, help you trough difficult times, and are always there to catch you , if you would fall.

Maybe, back in the day, it was natural that, in the family, one helps the other, and that family members are supporting each other, but today, family isn’t always the first one to be there to help. For many, the helpful people of their lives are the spiritual guiders, the saints, angels,  and different Gods. For others, their closest friends, who support every decision they make, regardless if they’re crazy ones. No matter who, you consider a patron of your life, never let anyone influence your decisions. A good friend supports you, tells his/her opinion, but never tries to take decisions instead of you.  (At least that’s what ancient Chinese people did, they even took a journey somewhere quiet, where they could think , and make the big decisions of their fate on their own.)

   If trough your life, you always received help from people, miraculously someone was there to give you a hand when you needed, your faith helped you through your struggles, unexpectedly , you’re the luckiest person alive, and on top of that, manage to travel a lot, well than, you can be sure, that this area of your home, has plenty of positive energies.
  However, if you are felling isolated, or, you have to do everything by yourself sweating blood, your friends and family barely check on you (I do have to mention, here, that  you are also responsible for your relationships, respect, appreciation, and love has to be earned and cherished in every relationship) than is possible that the Helpful people area of your home, needs a review.
 I do have to say, that physical travel, is also a very important aspect of this area, so if you’d like to travel more, get to know new cultures, see the world, you also should give more attention to this area of your house.
As usual, down below you’ll find   information, and tips you need to activate this area of your home, as always it’s not a full list, I may have forgotten somethings, but I’m constantly updating my posts, so check back regularly.


  • As it also represents traveling, you can put here pictures of all the places you wish to visit, or maps, globes, books about travel. Whatever it makes you think about a well deserved journey, like souvenirs from your previous trips.


  • You also can display pictures, paintings of birds, specially those which travel the world.
  • Great place for your home altars, thing related to your religion, or your beliefs, which help you spiritually.
  • Use colors to activate the energy, gold, silver, copper, grey and white; and the colors of the earth energy can be used as well, as the earth supports the metal, brown, yellow, beige.
  • Metal is represented by any circle, oval item, and you can use everything heavy, or big to call in the earth element for help.
  • Anything made out from terra-cotta, clay, ceramics or metal, and  metallic materials.
  • Every single item, electric or not, that helps you, with your everyday tasks around the house, belong here, like your vacuum cleaner, your pots, and pans, your kitchenware...are all useful helpers. 
  • When we talk about metal, than we have to mention all the crystals and gemstones as well, because they are retrieved from the earth, and  are mostly metal based. Display them on a shelf somewhere in this area, so they’ll provide you with joy and endless energy.
  • Wind chimes, those made of stone, or metal are also a great energy source.

  • A home safe, is a strong way to increase the presence of metal element,  but weapons, guns also represent this element, just as their storage facilities.

  •  Even though, knifes and swords  represent this element, I would not recommend displaying them, unless you are a professional chef, or a ⚔️ champion.

       In our house, the Helpful people and travel area, covers most of our kitchen. We are lucky enough, that we had the chance to design  and make our kitchen from scratch. When we bought our house, the kitchen was in a complete different space, in addition to the Bagua area we wanted to be,  we really wanted it to face our garden to. Turns out it was a great idea, as now, we are able to enlarge, and have an extra dining area set up, and use the formal dining area  for a bigger kitchen. ( you might have read it, when we bought and designed the house, we were not even thinking about having a baby, as we both were busy with our careers, but now that we have one, we need space, a lot of space. 



  


I guess, you ask yourself, looking at the pictures of my kitchen, - does she?-


Yes! She does, I mean, I do
! I  have black tiles in my kitchen, as I was saying, I wasn’t planning to become a busy mom, but anyways, I wouldn’t trade these tiles for anything.( or being a busy mom). I have some very special microfiber clothes, I basically get them cleaned in one minute. I love the way it rounds  the grey kitchen cupboards! ( the white countertop was a free gift from the store, until we decide what our countertop should look like, now, I will definitely wait till the enlarged kitchen to be ready, before I chose)        
      The color of the kitchen is meant to represent the metal element, and the concept of a kitchen strengthens the Helpful people area. Let’s face it, we all have a lot of helpers in our kitchen. I’m a bit minimalist, so I don’t have a lot of stuff laying around the kitchen countertop, if it was for me, I would hide the toaster and the kettle as well, (maybe I’ll do it) having less staff on the counter, spares you time when you clean up, and nowadays, specially if you’re a mom, time is everything. 
         There is not much I would change about the kitchen, because, as I said earlier, I had the privilege to design and make it from scratch, I chose the spot for the oven, for the kitchen sink,  the fridge, and pretty much everything else. I spend a lot of time in the kitchen, I love to cook, and I wanted to be practical, and easy to cleanup.





You might know, I’m implementing Montessori education, and the fact, that we have  drawers in the entire kitchen, helps the individualization of our toddler. Toddlers love to help, to feel useful, and instead of having them whine while you prep the dinner, you can involve them. They can help you set the table, and put the dishes in the dishwasher after dinner, you’ll see, they’ll be super proud of achieving  things, mama always does.
    Part of my evening routine is, to clear the countertop and run the dishwasher, so when I come down in the next morning, I have a clean kitchen waiting for me. I can just start making breakfast, I probably would have a bad mood I the morning if a pile of dishes would wait for me. We are all different, some leave  the dishes,  and enjoy a quiet evening when the kids are in bed, I can’t relax, if I have something to clean up, so I’ll get over it, and enjoy my evening after.


    Upstairs, our bedroom is the one, in the Helpful people area.


I try to play with the colors and patterns of our bedsheets,  there’s not much  I would do, I intend to keep the bedroom simple, and without anything what could interfere with our sleep.  We don’t have a tv in the room, or mirrors, both can be associated with sleeplessness. The room is painted white, as the majority of our house, and our bed is also white, with grey headboard, representing the metal element, we could  change our nightstands to white as well, but these wooden ones, were gifted to us, from people who really did help us along our journey, otherwise their shape and size represent the earth element, so it’s a win. What’s next to come, is a canvas above our dresser, we just didn’t had the time to figure it out, what should it be. On the dresser,(a white Ikea Malm) I have some family pictures, (I’d had to change the frames to white or brown if I wanted more metal element,) and a couple of my favorite gemstones.






   I’m giving a full description of my home, only for you, to be able to see, and understand, that living in a harmonious environment, (or Feng Shui Home ) does not require any drastic change, or you to become the sensation of the neighborhood, because the outrageous decorations of your home.


Comments

Popular Posts